Thursday, 5 March 2015

RAW VANILLA PLUM CHEESECAKE





I had a whole lot of people asking me how to make this after I posted this picture on instagram. So here it is! I made it in an 18cm springform cake tin but you can also make these in individual moulds which is quite cute.

This was originally supposed to be a vanilla berry cheesecake but half way through I realised I didn't have any berries so I just used some plums I had in the fridge and it worked out great! The plums gave an amazing colour and nice tartness in comparison to the sweet vanilla layer. I would usually use coconut oil to make this but I had run out of that as well, almond oil works fine but it's quite pricey so I wouldn't go crazy and start pouring it all over everything... Alright? Good.

Base

70g raw brazil nuts
70g raw almonds
1 cup dates
1 Tbsp coconut oil/almond oil

Filling

1.
200g raw cashews - soaked overnight
2 Tbsp maple syrup/honey/agave
1 Tbsp coconut oil/almond oil
Vanilla paste
Juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon

2. 
1 - 2 medium size frozen bananas
10 black dorris plums or 1 cup berries of your choice
Vanilla paste

Add all the base ingredients to a food processor and mix until it becomes crumbly. If you want to go all fancy buy the nice juicy medjool dates I only had regular ones at the time and they work fine too. Press mixture into a springform cake tin and put it in the fridge while you make the fillings. I also line my cake tin with paper it's more out of habit than anything but I find it makes it slightly easier when it comes to transferring it on to a plate.





Blend the filling ingredients on high until creamy and lump free - this takes about five minutes. Transfer 80% of it on to the base and put back in the fridge.



Put the bananas, plums or berries and vanilla paste into the food processor with the remaining cashew mix and blend until smooth, pour mixture over vanilla layer and place in the freezer for 2 hours or longer.







Also, there's this cat called Bert who frequently comes around to our house. He has attacked both me and Dano quite viciously (I have a physical scar Dano has an emotional one) but he is just so adorable! He also broke into our house and made himself a bed in a cardboard box in our loft - I have caught him sleeping up there three times! Here is a series of crappy iPhone photos as evidence.

Broken catdoor
Cross-eyed Bert climbs up the ladder
Bert in his bed
Bert in the window
Bert asleep on Dano





2 comments:

  1. What did you do to the plums first? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ! They are actually just canned plums ! You could use any other fruit you prefer or even frozen berries :)

      Delete